Fishing canoe rig up.

• Advertisement

HB Store

Dhurtubise
500 Club
Facebook: dhurtubise

Re: Fishing canoe rig up.

Unread postby Dhurtubise » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:44 pm

I always liked to keep my canoes really simple. They manuver very well and quietly with the paddle. I hardly ever fish without a portable fish finder, but a deep cycle battery is a deal breaker, no matter how nice the quiet power of the trolling motor is. I guess it's fine if you don't have any portaging, but then a car topper would be better.

On another note, I'm green with jealousy for your rainbow trout lakes. I was lucky enough to fish lakes like that when I lived Tumbler ridge. It's still some of the most exciting fishing I've ever done. Our eastern rainbows are but a shadow of their western brethren on the end of the line.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Exophysical

Re: Fishing canoe rig up.

Unread postby Exophysical » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:01 am

Dhurtubise wrote:I always liked to keep my canoes really simple. They manuver very well and quietly with the paddle. I hardly ever fish without a portable fish finder, but a deep cycle battery is a deal breaker, no matter how nice the quiet power of the trolling motor is. I guess it's fine if you don't have any portaging, but then a car topper would be better.

On another note, I'm green with jealousy for your rainbow trout lakes. I was lucky enough to fish lakes like that when I lived Tumbler ridge. It's still some of the most exciting fishing I've ever done. Our eastern rainbows are but a shadow of their western brethren on the end of the line.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Deffinatly understand keeping the canoe simple. Like I said, I only bother with the motor when I have someone else along and the portages are minimal. A car topper may be better sometimes but a guy can only own so many boats and the canoe is far more capable in a wider variety of situations.

Must be a case of grass always being greener or something, I'd give anything to have the angling opportunities that you guys have out east.
They say millwrights can fix anything except a broken heart, but I've even got a tool that can do that!

• Advertisement

Return to “Game fish, pan fish, and general fishing talk”