Lake Mendota Madison Wisconsin

• Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Lake Mendota Madison Wisconsin

Unread postby dan » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:37 am

Some friends of mine have been limiting out on 9 to 12 inch perch on lake Mendota in Madison. They say hellgrammites are the top bait but red worms are working too... He said just go to the west end of the lake and look for a pile of boats.
They are fishing a foot off of the bottom and said that the bite is real lite you really have to pay attention. Sensitive rods are a plus.

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Re: Lake Mendota Madison Wisconsin

Unread postby Stanley » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:11 am

Perch are right on top of my best fish to eat. Plus they clean real easy.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Bucky

Re: Lake Mendota Madison Wisconsin

Unread postby Bucky » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:26 am

Mendota was an awesome perch fishery when I was going to school in Madison. I have not fished it for a few years... just a word of caution the lake can get "WICKED" rough fast in bad weather. I almost died out there in an undersized boat... :oops:

x2, scared to death of Mendota, I got lost in the fog out there icefishing on thin ice once, and also had a similar boating experience with a 14 foot
Tuffy bath toy.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear

• Advertisement

Return to “Game fish, pan fish, and general fishing talk”