Rock River Hustisford.

• Advertisement

HB Store

Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Rock River Hustisford.

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:29 am

anyone do good down here, and when do you start fishing walleye. I have caught a couple walleye, northern, carp, and suckers. however, it's always been hit and miss. I have fished by the hwy 60 bridge and by the utility plant. the water got real fast last year since they dug out the islands by the utility plant. makes it tougher. anyone care to share some tips?

ONE UP

Re: Rock River Hustisford.

Unread postby ONE UP » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:57 am

Ive done very well there in Feb. during "warm ups". I always try to use the lightest jig I can with a small fathead.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:53 pm

When I was kid we used to fish that stretch a lot... We got some walleyes behind the old cheese factory ( which I believe is gone now ) It can get pretty crowded though when they are running. but the biggest fish, and the best fishing we had was in between Hustisford damn and the next bridge down stream. There is a little road I think is called "mill street" that dead ends at the river, years ago the land owners let every body go up and down stream to fish there, but some people whom polluted and dumped back there ruined it for everyone...

Right where mill street ends at the river is where we caught the best fish. My Dad caught the biggest northern I have ever seen in my life there on a 12 inch sucker... And I remember some monster walleye.

You can launch a small boat at the end of mill street as long as its small enough to man handle and that would probably be the best way to get in on the best fishing...
whitetail007
500 Club

Unread postby whitetail007 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:17 pm

try finding some back current and use a bobber with a fathead. just let it drift with the current and watch for it to stop. thats what i have always had my best luck with.
I BELIEVE IN PEACE.........THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER!

• Advertisement

Return to “Game fish, pan fish, and general fishing talk”