Well, I have decided I am taking the boat out this weekend.

• Advertisement

HB Store

Kodiakman
Forum Executive Chef

Well, I have decided I am taking the boat out this weekend.

Unread postby Kodiakman » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:46 am

The river is wide open and is calling me. It really hasn't froze all year much. Going to grab a buddy and see if we can't jig up a walleye in one of the deep holes. I imagine that they have to be staged up there. A few at least.

It's not a problem, it's a opportunity for a solution.
ompaathao

Re: Well, I have decided I am taking the boat out this weeke

Unread postby ompaathao » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:28 am

Good luck.. I can't wait to go fishing on the river for eyes too.. What river system are you headed to?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
foltzy

Unread postby foltzy » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:38 pm

Good luck. Iv'e fished the dells twice so far, lots of shorts mixed with a few barely legals.
I tried the Rock from the fish hatchery to the mouth with no luck. They were in there untill ice up but don't seem to be right now.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:44 pm

good luck man 8-)
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Kodiakman
Forum Executive Chef

Unread postby Kodiakman » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:10 pm

Yeah I was thinking the mouth by Kosh and get jiggy with it. OR maybe the Jefferson Dam. One bait plastic ring worm and the other jig and a minna with a stinger hook tied in. My buddy can used whatever he wants. I may even try dragging a rappala on a heavy lindy rig. Who knows.

It's the Rock River. Put in under the hwy26 bypass bridge. Haven't used that launch since they started working on that bridge. I bit the bullet and paid the old man on Blackhawk Island last spring. I just can't take seeing that river open and not fish it anymore. When the river opens my body gets a going and tells me it's time to go get cold, wet, wind burned, chapped lips, stuck in the boat with a dead battery where there is no tow, walleye spooge everywhere, and hooks in my hands. What a great time, cant' wait.

One nice bit of news, I went out to gander tonight and used up all my x-mas and b-day gift cards I amassed the past 14 months. Got a sweet..... St Croix Premier series rod and a Pflueger reel. :banana-dance: :banana-dreads: :obscene-drinkingcheers: :violence-rapidfire: :teasing-tease: :banana-dreads: :banana-dance: I don't splerge money like this often but I wanted a second high end rod and I figured if I am heading out this weekend I might as well get it now and set it up. $200 and it hasn't seen a hook yet. I won my first St Croix and I swear, I will never buy a cheap combo ever again. Night and day doesn't even start to compare the difference in feel(which turns directly into success).

Double barreling and coming for ya wallys.
It's not a problem, it's a opportunity for a solution.
ompaathao

Unread postby ompaathao » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:01 am

I too enjoy fishing the Rock River... Especially Jefferson Dam.. I tie my own flies for whitebass but learned that walleyes love them too.. Because game fish opens the first weekend of the month of May... I'm usually off the river by then... Usually May is when you see the shoulder to shoulder crowds all day long... Good luck and take some pics

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:10 am

Lots of walleyes in the rivers here in Michigan- limits are being taken in less than a couple of hours. Our inland season closes down on March 15... I have two buddies getting there boats out of storage, which means I don't have to.

Big fish too. 8-)

Yesterday I drove over the Z-Bridge (Zilwaukee) on the Saginaw River and over a hundred boats were visible...
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:57 am

Boats are on the fox here in Green Bay.
jlh42581
500 Club

Unread postby jlh42581 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:44 am

I really miss having a boat. I was thinking about that inflatable but I think ive convinced myself to hold out one more year and buy another aluminum.
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:35 pm

went across the lake in my canoe today. A little ice on the south side had to break a little to get by a dock and into open water again. Was too windy to fish. Heck of a time with 30mph gusts from the west heading across
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com

• Advertisement

Return to “Game fish, pan fish, and general fishing talk”