2012 Fishing trip

• Advertisement

HB Store

robert richer

2012 Fishing trip

Unread postby robert richer » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:36 am

Hey wanted to know if there are any suggestions for a good guide that my son(before he goes to college) and I could hook up with this summer for Musky's?

Going to the show to get ideas the weekend of 2/10 through 2/17 here in the Milwaukee area.

Scott Kieper a good start to call?

Robert

RJR-007
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Re: 2012 Fishing trip

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:59 am

Kieper is an animal. The guy will literely fish 20 hour days if it calls for and catches great fish for WI waters. He is based in the Hayward area.

Where do you want to fish in WI? What part of the state? What are you looking for....quantity or quality as they usually don't go hand in hand. Please keep in mind if going for quality there is a chance of not catching a fish at all for anyone in the boat. Heck there is a chance to not have anyone catch a fish going for the smaller ones but most guides can and will get you on some action if that is what you want.

I can give you some names based off that info. Know a few guides pretty well that are "off the radar" that do quite well and others that advertise a lot but charge accordingly.
robert richer

Unread postby robert richer » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:32 am

This trip is really for my son, something for him and I to do prior to him going into college.

I would like for him to land something(decent fish) in the boat and take a few pictures. Make the trip memorible and fun for Nick.

Nothing high pressure but at least the possibiity to catch fish.

As far as where in Wisconsin, you tell me? Northwest area would be good in the idea we have our property in Vernon county that way we can make it to Hayward area(?) and on the way home we swing west alittle then south pass through Vernon Co.....etc Really doesnt matter, just looking for an opportunity to spend a good day or two on a lake with my son and good guide.

Quanity or quality.....lets catch some fish...maybe a good for a picture... ;)
RJR-007
Goober

Unread postby Goober » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:57 am

My advice= Listen to what Hodag says.

Clint Worden
2485 9-3/4 Ave
Chetek WI 54728 715-859-6621
Cell 715-642-1894
e-mail: cwflyfish@yahoo.com
http://www.chetek.com/wordensguideservice/

I cannot personally recomend him as a guide, I have never fished with him. But he was recommended to me a few times by a good friend.
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:25 am

Hayward it is. I really have little backround in this area but will recommend from what I've been told. Really no particular order. I may have some name spelling wrong.

Scott kieper. Heck of a fisherman and high strung. Younger guy that will fish until he drops and do it again the next day. Has a knack for big fish.

Dave dorozio. Old school guide with 40 years of stories. Reliable and level headed.

Ty sennett. Good calm natured guide with a lot of experiance on the chip flowage.

Tanner wilde. Fun guy that can fish and laugh. He fishes out a lot but the WI Minn boarder. Will have to see what he has going on in the hayward area.

Pete mania. Don't even know if he guides anymore. Has his hand in a lot of different things with tv shows and such. Great guy and fisherman that is funny as heck. Almost got to fish with him once but it fell thru.(Many years ago)

Good luck and have fun.

[ Post made via BlackBerry Curve ] Image
robert richer

Unread postby robert richer » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:41 am

Hodag,

Do think you can forward information to me to my e-mail (rricher007@yahoo.com) in regards to Scott Kieper.

Wonder if he will be at the show next weekend?

Thank you
Robert
RJR-007
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:51 pm

Sure can but will have to wait a few days. Heading out of state monday morning and need to start preparing tonight...... a last minute thing that just came up.
robert richer

Unread postby robert richer » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:04 am

k-thank you.
RJR-007

• Advertisement

Return to “Game fish, pan fish, and general fishing talk”