A plug for customer service...St. Croix Rods!

Bow, Game, Great Lakes, Ice, Pan, Ocean/Sea, Trout
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

A plug for customer service...St. Croix Rods!

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:15 am

Just wanted to put a plug in for outstanding customer service. I had a rough summer, 2 summers ago now, and broke TWO St. Croix Rods. I called and talked to a service tech and he said they would warranty one rod and repair or replace the other no questions asked for $50 (I ran it over with my truck it was a $100 rod). I sent both rods in with a check and a story about what happened. No calls no emails and 8 days later I got a package in the mail with two brandy new St. Croix rods in it. I am beyond impressed and satisfied with them...I'm done wasting money on other rods besides the customer service, I've never fished with a rod I like better than my St. Croix. Anyone else have good luck with them? Definitely a good company to work with and shop from. Their rods are assembled right here in Park Falls, WI so it keeps some money local too which I like. Tight lines!

"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
Pullintoobs
500 Club

Re: A plug for customer service...St. Croix Rods!

Unread postby Pullintoobs » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:06 pm

I agree. I love my croix's. I only use their legend ice rods but will never hit the ice without them. Last year I met a sales rep for st.croix...He gave me a smokin deal on rods. Don't think I really need 8 ice rods but icefishing is my other weakness.....right there next to bowhunting....
An unforseen future...Nestled somewhere in time
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:39 pm

All my musky rods are St Croix, great rods. Most of my walleye and panfish rods are cheapo's because of the kids in the boat alot.

Go to Park Falls and check out some of the deals they have in the store....

When I'm working in the area I stop in quite a bit, they have a $30 and $50 bin full of rods wih mostly the tips broke off. The trick is to find one with less than and inch or two missing. We're talking $250-$300 dollar walleye rods buying them for 30 or 50 bucks. :shock:

In the last 2 years I have easly bought over a 120 rods there for buddies and the old man's buddies. They know me by name when walking in. Even threw me one of the new Mojo rods to check out.

Met Joe Bucher up there last time by luck. He was trading in last years rods and getting his new ones. He has a s&*t pile of rods. :shock:
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:20 pm

All of my musky rods are St. Croix as well and I won't buy anything else. By far the best rods out there for the price. Never could understand how somebody could spend $150-$200 for a fishing rod until I tried one for myself.

The only thing that bothers me is they sent production some of the cheaper rods to Mexico. I will only buy the ones from Park Falls.
Beason
500 Club

Unread postby Beason » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:52 pm

I've got two for walleye fishing. Great sensitivity. Do I really need them? No, but they're awesome for jigging.
magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:22 pm

I tried to get in contact with the owner to ask for permission to hunt some land he owned next to mine. I left 2 detailed messages and never got a call back. I guess he was too busy making fishing poles. :roll:
solocam88
500 Club

Unread postby solocam88 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:03 am

They are awesome rods...... nice to see they take care of their customers.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Fishing chat”