What fishing pole for reel?

Bow, Game, Great Lakes, Ice, Pan, Ocean/Sea, Trout
  • Advertisement

HB Store

doll

What fishing pole for reel?

Unread postby doll » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:21 pm

I recently got a Abu Garcia Cardinal 104 but dont know what type of rod i should put on it, like how much feet,action,power. Also i want to start bass fishing but ive heard this is to big of a reel. help pls 10 pts

BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Re: What fishing pole for reel?

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:49 pm

I'm a St. Croix guy myself with the magic rod length being 6 foot. Medium-heavy weight medium to fast action. St. Croix makes a damn good rod. They back all of their products and generally replace them for the cost of shipping if they break. 6 or 6.5ft is really the length to go with though. My combos consist of St. Croix rods matched with Pflueger reels. They just feel, and look, so right together.
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Re: What fishing pole for reel?

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:54 pm

Here is a list of consumer reviews I found on the "100 series reels" by Abu Garcia. And I do not think it should be a problem for bass fishing at all.

http://reviews.basspro.com/2010/74046/a ... eviews.htm

A more affordable rod would be the Ugly Stick as one person listed. Generally an affordable rod with good sensitivity and durability. This reel should be fine for bass fishing though it appears to be similiar in size to my Pflueger which I use for fishing everything. I would recommend Suffix 8lb test line. That is the good stuff!
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear

• Advertisement

Return to “Fishing chat”