Bow, Game, Great Lakes, Ice, Pan, Ocean/Sea, Trout
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dor
500 Club
Facebook: Chris Dornack

Milwaukee area Kings?

Unread postby Dor » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:49 pm

Anybody been fishing the tribs in the area. I have a 3 day meeting in the Chicago area starting tomorrow an was wondering if anyone has been out. I plan on bringing the flyrod tomorrow afternoon and maybe Thurs PM if it pans out.

Kings are fun when they are fresh!

Call The Footed Shaft to order Kwik-Straps 507-288-7581 or order at the kwik-strap.com
Rome

Re: Milwaukee area Kings?

Unread postby Rome » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:18 pm

I live on the milwaukee, just above estabrook. Weird run this year with the low water, but plenty of fish up. Not many above estabrook as below, tough for them to get over the falls this year. Deep pools are the key. Capitol Dr and Locust St areas been decent. Black or purple wooly buggers, white/chartreuse and white/blue clouser or deceivers been good for swinging deep. If u want to pop em off the redds, egg sucking nymphs been ticking em off enough to get, but most of those fish are dark. Spinning gear...mepps # 4 in silver, rainbow, firetiger, orange, and pink. PM me when u know when youll be here, ill try to sneak out with ya if youd like, I used to guide the tribs. im more of a lurker here, but will be posting more in future. I always like ur posts, would be happy to help ya out if I can sneak out.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
ompaathao

Unread postby ompaathao » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:36 pm

September 28th I stopped at the Mckinley Pier. Been some reports of them being caught. I never fished them nor fished there. I was told that they were catching them in glow spoons at night. So I stopped at Mills Fleet Farm and bought the only glow that no one bought (fire tiger glow size 2/5). Well my fishing ended short because I caught one on the first cast with 8 lb mono. Put up a great fight as well. That was my goal to try and catch one. Here's a pic.. Oh I got there about 8:30pm hope it helps.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Dor
500 Club
Facebook: Chris Dornack

Unread postby Dor » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:27 pm

Had a good day! I will post up some pics later tonight.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Call The Footed Shaft to order Kwik-Straps 507-288-7581 or order at the kwik-strap.com

• Advertisement

Return to “Fishing chat”