Their back.

Wolf, Coyote, Fox, Cats, Callings, Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

alleyyooper

Their back.

Unread postby alleyyooper » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:37 pm

Kare said she heard them about 3 weeks ago back in the woods a bit late one night. About a week ago I heard them off to the north east. Still stayed complaceint and wasn't carrying my pistol.

Friday walking my pups I heard them again, sounded like just across the east fence line. I hauled the pups up short while the hair on my arms rose in that tingly way it can do some times, hair on the back of my neck would have stood up to if I hadn't got a hair cut earlier in the day.

I changed the pups course and headed back to the house. Got to the path that runs near the creek and saw 2 coyotes cross and go over the mound made when they dredged the creek out a few years back. Raceing thru the trees to the north only to disappear.

I am tied up for the next few mornings with a Visit early to the VA clinic for blood test and other test. Earlest I can go after them is Sunday night, Have my friend Dean coming to join me.
Also have up graded to my 357 mag when walking the dogs.

Darn coyotes sure can raise your hair when they let off and do their party dance.

:D Al

Your not fully dressed with out a smile.
Brandonkinchen
500 Club
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/brandon.kinchen.1?ref=bookmarks

Re: Their back.

Unread postby Brandonkinchen » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:25 am

Get'em
"The archer is the true weapon; the bow is just a long piece of wood." -Sebastien de Castell
alleyyooper

Unread postby alleyyooper » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:23 am

Dean arrived here at 4:30AM, thought he had never been fed. Ate 8 of my 8" to 10" buttersotch pancakes and possiable a pound of sausage, LOL. We got our gear together after breakfast and headed out to the back of the woods just barely light enough we didn't run into any trees. Made a right turn at the back fence got to the back gate of the horse pasture. Went into the Horse pasture set out a decoy, weasle ball modified per varmint al's web site and some extra turkey feathers clipped on the tail to make it look better.

Checked my wind thread and decided we would head toward the barn then turn to the fence about 150 yards from the Decoy and callers.
Started with a fawn in distress sound medium volume. Wasn't 15 minutes after the called started and two came lopeing into the decoy area.

Were in Deans zone the Cheeta barked twice and we had two coyotes down. Both were youngish females by their teeth and foot pads.

We had waited our full 30 minutes and saw nothing else before we checked them out. Took them to the fence line for me to pick upo later with the tractor and FEL. Took our gear and decided to see if we could draw any thing out to a bean field north of my place. They had dumped lime in there about 3 weeks ago so we could get up high enough we hoped to see any coyotes sneaking thru the beans.

30 minutes and nothing showed that we could see so we packed it in.

There was a harvested wheat field about a half mile away we figured was worth a try. Here we set the decoys out again and used the piglet in distress sound. we were just about ready to pack up and call it a day when I saw a coyote slinking along the brush line stopping to look at the decoy. Figured 125 yard steadied the Swift on the cross sticks and squeezed a round off. The coyote spun and dissaperred into the brush.

Since it was so close to the 30 minute mark we decided to see what happened to that coyote.
It was just about 15 yards into the brush. A big male teeth well stained and foot pads worn well.

This one we took to the road where I would come with the tractor to get.
Called it a day as there just isn't any other areas we could set up and see a coyote before it was in our face.
Shot guns are what you use when they are that close.

Brandonkinchen
500 Club
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/brandon.kinchen.1?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby Brandonkinchen » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:47 pm

Have you tried trapping
"The archer is the true weapon; the bow is just a long piece of wood." -Sebastien de Castell
alleyyooper

Unread postby alleyyooper » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:50 pm

No havn't tried trapping. Don't really want to be tied down having to check a trap or traps daily either.

• Advertisement

Return to “Predator Hunting”