Friend or Foe?

Wolf, Coyote, Fox, Cats, Callings, Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Friend or Foe?

Unread postby dan » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:08 am

Looks like coyotes to me... You putting out corn in front of the camera as an attractant? Coyotes seem to have learned to hunt at feeding stations.

Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Re: Friend or Foe?

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:42 am

dan wrote:Looks like coyotes to me... You putting out corn in front of the camera as an attractant? Coyotes seem to have learned to hunt at feeding stations.

Yes....was last corn was 1-7-11. Just pulled the camera this afternoon and checked the pictures. Deer are still showing up digging for the last bit as of this morning.

Last buck was 1-9-11, last day of bow season. A few look like they could be shed bucks.

No yote tracks but did cut running deer tracks with a wolf track in pursuit. :cry: Didn't really track them far as they were close to the private line and were coming from the cut into deeper in the swamp. These deer(looks like doe groups) are still bedding with-in 100 yards of this camera.

Only saw the one wolf track but didn't poke around to much. As mentioned in a previous post, I think the pictures were yotes too.

• Advertisement

Return to “Predator Hunting”