Night Coyote Techniques

Wolf, Coyote, Fox, Cats, Callings, Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Clevinger

Night Coyote Techniques

Unread postby Clevinger » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:48 pm

When using a red spotlight, do you only turn it on after you've been calling a few minutes? Or can you leave your call/decoy in an area bathed in red light?

Do you guys use special low-light scopes? Will a regular daytime scope work if you have a spotlight?

BowtechHunting
500 Club
Facebook: Don't have one...

Re: Night Coyote Techniques

Unread postby BowtechHunting » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:02 pm

I've been after hours during a full moon, and you can sit for hours and see a good distance once your eyes get adjusted to the light. I don't have a night scope, which would be cool, but the way I understand it, you turn on the red light once they are approaching or at the carcass...
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:12 pm

i dont use no lights or scopes ...i use the natural light of a full moon or when its snowing out...when its snowing you can see for ever, the sky is lite up
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Clevinger

Unread postby Clevinger » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:54 am

The latest Outdoor Life addresses this topic. They recommend intermittent calling followed by sweeps of the surrounding area with red-colored spotlights.

Furthermore, I may have misunderstood what others were doing, but a review of local regulations show it's shotgun only after dark for coyotes.
upwind
Facebook: www.facebook.com/josephwrealty

Unread postby upwind » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:16 pm

While calling sweep the area with red or green scan light angled just so you will halo the approaching yote. Look for the reflection of there eyes. Keep caller close to you so they will be looking in your direction. If they continue to come once shined by scan I wait until in range than turn on kill light for positive ID and drop em there tracks.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Predator Hunting”