Ruling temporarily prevents hunting wolves with dogs, and tr

Wolf, Coyote, Fox, Cats, Callings, Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dewey

Ruling temporarily prevents hunting wolves with dogs, and tr

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:12 am

From the DNR...............

Ruling temporarily prevents hunting wolves with dogs, and training dogs to hunt wolves

A recent judicial ruling has temporarily prevented or enjoined the use of dogs for hunting wolves, and also the use of dogs to train to hunt wolves. As a result of this ruling, please be advised that the use of dogs for tracking and trailing of wolves is not authorized when hunting wolves under a wolf harvesting license. Also, the use of dogs for training to track or train free ranging wolves is not authorized at this time. As this is a temporary injunction, the injunction on the use of dogs for wolf hunting and training could be lifted at a future date. Therefore, please contact the department for updates or changes later this fall.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Black Squirrel
500 Club

Re: Ruling temporarily prevents hunting wolves with dogs, an

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:42 am

Saw that too. I think the Humane society was pushing that. They claim too many dogs will be killed or injured by wolves.
Mike.E

Re: Ruling temporarily prevents hunting wolves with dogs, an

Unread postby Mike.E » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:15 am

I also read about this. I can see there point, but it is comparable to running bears with dogs, though it is usually one bear versus who know ho many wolves, a bear can turn on the offensive and start taking out dogs too.

But rules are rules..

• Advertisement

Return to “Predator Hunting”