electronic callers

Wolf, Coyote, Fox, Cats, Callings, Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bowhunter4life
500 Club

electronic callers

Unread postby Bowhunter4life » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:28 pm

So I'm completely new to this coyote hunting and wondering what calls or callers you guys recommend to someone just getting started? I called one up with a buddy's electronic caller (primos) but he said he has never had any luck with it. Just curious what some of you more experienced hunters use?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

kurt

Re: electronic callers

Unread postby kurt » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:29 am

I'm kinda watching this thread myself I've been getting a few coyotes on camera in sw wi need to do something
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:41 am

I'm happy with the Foxpro I have been using. The set up is more important than the call IMHO. Just like big game hunting, its over if they smell ya.

Calling can be difficult on public land. I found the yotes were wise to calling close to town. Getting away from the road can be important in this case. Also, setting up in areas where you figure others haven't called before.

I'm no expert. I learn a little each set and I have a few sets that produce every year.
kurt

Unread postby kurt » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:58 pm

Bassboys what fox pro do you have...this may sound dumb but what do you do with the coyotes after you shoot them. Just skin them for soft tan? Take them to someone.
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:10 pm

I only need the Hot Dog and I am ready to teach myself to call coyotes.....it might take a while but that's Ok with me.
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:14 pm

kurt wrote:Bassboys what fox pro do you have...this may sound dumb but what do you do with the coyotes after you shoot them. Just skin them for soft tan? Take them to someone.

I'm currently using a FoxPro 2, but I've had the pleasure of using the shockwave and spitfires too. I've also used the primos alphadogg. All have been good but I'm partial to FoxPro due to experience and the years they have been in the predator call market. The Foxpro I'm using right now is a friend's, but I'm thinking of buying one shortly.

I drop off my yotes these days when they are in prime. It usually yields me a couple cold ones. My days of fleshing and stretch boards in the garage ended when I got married. :lol:
exojam

Unread postby exojam » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:20 pm

Does a Mojo Super critter count?

I got one for Christmas and a Primos "third degree" mouth call and hopefully will be trying them out soon.
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:32 pm

8-)

Go Exo!
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:03 pm

Whatever puts them on the ground exo. Lots of guys out there with fancy calls and no dogs on the pole!

U.P. MAN
500 Club

Unread postby U.P. MAN » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:09 pm

Wildlife technologies is the big dog. Very expensive. Hard to beat fox pro price.

checkerfred
500 Club

Unread postby checkerfred » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:47 pm

I have a primos alpha dog..never had one come in to it. Have had better luck out of mouth calls. My favorite is the primos kiyi and one called the psycho tweety. Can't remember who makes the last one but cabelas carries them

purebowhunting
500 Club

Unread postby purebowhunting » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:53 pm

I just picked up the FoxPro fusion, first year using it with six sets and one coyote called in but on that set I mixed in mouth calls so not sure which did the trick. It seems like a good call, just a lot more confidence with mouth calls now since I've had more luck with them. Hopefully that changes.

Zap

Unread postby Zap » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:53 pm

checkerfred wrote:I have a primos alpha dog..never had one come in to it. Have had better luck out of mouth calls. My favorite is the primos kiyi and one called the psycho tweety. Can't remember who makes the last one but cabelas carries them

Tweety is by verminator.

Made here in Kansas.
vanceg

Unread postby vanceg » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:02 am

Zap wrote:
checkerfred wrote:I have a primos alpha dog..never had one come in to it. Have had better luck out of mouth calls. My favorite is the primos kiyi and one called the psycho tweety. Can't remember who makes the last one but cabelas carries them

Tweety is by verminator.

Made here in Kansas.

There isn't any better calls than the verminator calls. I will never hunt with a guy with an e caller again. I can't stand the turn it up and let play calling.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:42 am

vanceg wrote:
Zap wrote:

Tweety is by verminator.

Made here in Kansas.

There isn't any better calls than the verminator calls. I will never hunt with a guy with an e caller again. I can't stand the turn it up and let play calling.

Hmmm. Maybe I've been going at this the wrong way the whole time! :think:

• Advertisement

Return to “Predator Hunting”